Power up through God’s Word, good teaching, time together, yummy food, fun and games, and God’s creation at our next All Church Retreat Friday, August 24 – Sunday, August 26!
Dr. Mark D. Roberts is the executive director for the Max De Pree Center for Leadership at Fuller Theological Seminary. He is responsible for the mission and strategic direction of the Center and also provides resources for the Center’s work through the writing for Life for Leaders, a daily devotional that is emailed to more than 5,000 subscribers. You can subscribe at depree.org. With years of experience as a pastor and nonprofit leader as well as a mentor to leaders in business and other fields, Mark is deeply committed to serving leaders in the marketplace, education, government, nonprofits, arts, family and the church. He envisions leaders flourishing in every part of their lives, thus contributing to God’s work throughout the world.
Mark has a PhD in New Testament from Harvard University and has taught for years as an adjunct professor at Fuller Seminary. He has written nine books and dozens of articles for journals and magazines. His newest book, a commentary on Ephesians, was published by Zondervan in 2016. Mark regularly speaks at conferences, business meetings, retreats, schools, and churches on themes of leadership vocation, faith and work, digital media, church life, and biblical theology.
Mark is married to Linda, a licensed therapist, spiritual director, and executive coach. Linda and Mark enjoy speaking together at churches and retreat centers on issues of discipleship, spiritual growth, leadership, and marriage. They have two children who are students on the East Coast.
Available Lodging and Prices
Pricing for the All Church Retreat includes lodging for 2 nights, programming, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. The price includes all people who will be staying in the room chosen. If the room is full of non-related people, ONE person should register for the room, including all names staying in the room, with others paying the registrant for their share.
- King: Sleeps 2; $340
- 2 Queens: Sleeps 2 – 4; $375
- Pet Friendly 2 Queens: Sleeps 2 – 4; $470
- All have a mini-fridges
- Regular Rustic Cabin: Sleeps up to 4; $265
- This is a step above camping; a bedroom with a bathroom
- Make your own bed with provided bedding
- No Wifi / No TV
- Has Mini-fridge / Microwave / Coffee pot
- No daily maid service
- Pet Friendly Rustic Cabin: sleeps up to 4; $365
- Regular Family Cabin: Sleeps up to 8; $525
- These are 2 story cabins. Upstairs has 1 queen bedroom + 1 king bedroom; downstairs has 2 pullout queen sofas.
- Full kitchen / Full bathroom / Dining table with 6 chairs
- Has TV / Wifi
- Daily maid service
- Deluxe Family Cabin: Sleeps up to 8; $625
- Same as the family cabin but remodeled and upgraded with extras!
Fun Stuff to Do
FAMILY BINGO NIGHT!
After the evening session Friday night, join us for Family Bingo! More details to come, but don’t miss out on a fun night of fellowship complete with prizes and snacks!
Saturday Evening Dinner
This year dinner will not be included in the price of the weekend. There are 3 options for you to choose from for your dining pleasure:
- Eat somewhere fun in downtown Nashville. From McDonalds to yummy down-home cooking, there is something for everyone.
- Head upstairs from our conference room to the Abe Martin Lodge restaurant. There is a wonderful buffet or you can order off the menu. Convenient and oh so good!
- Love camping?? We have a reserved fire pit for the students Saturday night, but anyone is welcome to use the site to cook your own dinner. Bring hotdogs and chips (all rooms have a small frig) to have a fun dinner around the campfire together. Maps to the site will be available at the check-in table.
- Hiking Trails
- Indoor Water Park at the Lodge
- Bring your own bicycles for mountain biking trails
- Golf tournament at Salt Creek Golf Course. Sign ups coming soon.
- Nashville, IN – shopping, dining, arts and crafts, history, and entertainment (5 min away)
- T. C. Steele State Historic Site - art, gardens and hiking trails (30 min away)
- Edinburgh Mall (35 min away)
For Middle School and High School
Saturday Morning: Explore the Brown County woods on a guided hike
Saturday Evening: Your very own reserved campfire spot to roast marshmallows, sing some tunes, get to know new friends, and talk about God!
Remember our last retreat?!